Monday, April 6, 2015

I want to introduce you to some special kids. These are some of the kids from Casa Shalom Orphanage in Guatemala City, Guatemala. My husband and I support this orphanage and sponsor 2 kids from there. My husband has been to the orphanage 3 x now and is known as "Blue Eyes". Blue eyes are uncommon in Central America so the kids named him that. Unfortunately I have not had the privilege of going and meeting these precious angels. It makes me sad that I have not been able to go with my husband but am believing that one day I will. I want to feel like I have a connection to these children like he does but it's not the same when you have not met them. So I've been thinking a lot about what inspires my art. I want my art to mean something and I want it to be an expression of me. But I want it to reflect the Glory of the Lord As well as inspire others. So I got to looking at these precious kids and was feeling led to portray them in my art somehow. I'm not sure how yet but I will be using these precious orphans as inspiration. Little do they know how they inspire others. The depth of the their souls seen in their eyes is mesmerizing. The joy on their face is pure and the questions in their expressions will one day be answered. All these children want is love and Casa Shalom is giving that to them. I don't know what will happen when I put my brush to canvas or pen to paper. I will just let the Lord guide my hands. And we will see what comes of these pictures. I pray that my art will say a thousand words. To God Be The Glory for He Is Risen! 










No comments:

Post a Comment